|Image courtesy Amrita Rana of Life Ki Recipe|
750 gms mutton keema (preferably from raan)
300 gms chana dal
4 medium sized onions (peeled and sliced)
10-12 cloves of garlic
2 inch long piece of ginger
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp shah jeera
8-10 pods of kabab chini (allspice or pimenta)
8-10 black pepper pods
8-10 whole red chillies or Kashmiri chillies
3 black cardamoms
5 green cardamoms
2 inches long stick of cinnamon
Salt to taste
- Wash the keema properly in a sieve and let all the water drain out.
- Mix all the ingredients except oil in a pressure cooker and cook till at least 5-6 whistles are blown.
- Once the mixture cools down grind it into a paste.
- If the consistency of the paste cover it with a foil and keep it in the freezer for half an hour. This will thicken the paste up.
- Heat oil in a non stick flat pan, make small patties with the paste and shallow fry them till they turn golden brown on both sides.
- Serve the steaming hot kababs with onion rings, green chutney and parantha or pav.
250 gms fresh coriander
250 gms fresh mint leaves
6 green chillies
2 medium sized onions (cut into four pieces)
6 cloves of garlic
1 inch long piece of ginger
Salt to taste
- Take all the ingredients except salt and lemon in a mixer pot.
- Add half cup water and grind the mixture into a fine paste.
- Add salt and squeeze both lemons in it.
- Serve chutney with kababs, pakodas, sabudana wadas, sandwich and practically anything you need a dip with.