This is my 50th post and probably the last one of the year. What better way to end the year with recipe that I accidentally discovered. I am sure my vegetarian readers will be very happy with this veg version of spaghetti with meatballs. If you are planning a New Year party at home do try this recipe. It's very healthy since the soya balls are not fried at all.
For Soya balls
Nutrella's minced soya nuggets 250 gms
Soya paneer or Tofu 100 gms
Breads 2 slices
All purpose flour 2 tbsp
Garlic (finely chopped) 6 cloves
Green chillis (finely chopped) 2
Fresh corriander (chopped) 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Tomatoes (chopped) 2
Onions (chopped) 2
Garlic (crushed) 6 cloves
Tomatoes (boiled, peeled and pureed) 6
Salt to taste
Sugar 1 tsp
Black pepper powder 1/2 tsp
Bay leaves 2
Dry basil 1 tsp
Olive Oil 1 tbsp
- Mix all the ingredients for soya ball together and make small balls with the mixture.
- Cover them and keep them in the refrigerator till you prepare the sauce.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry onions and garlic till onions turn transparent.
- Throw in chopped tomatoes and bay leaves and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, salt, sugar, black pepper powder, dry basil and soya balls and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Pour the sauce and soya balls on a bowl of boiled spaghetti, garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Open a bottle of white wine and have a very Happy New Year!