Rohu (cut into small pieces) - 500 gms
Mustard seeds - 1 tbsp
Ajwain seeds - 1 tbsp
Mustard oil - 4 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Lemon - 1/2
- Wash the fish, marinate in turmeric powder and salt, keep aside for half an hour.
- Wash away the turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix salt, red chili powder, mustard seeds and ajwain seeds together. Add this mix to fish pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add fish pieces and shallow fry till they are crispy on the edges.
- Sqeeze lemon juice on top and serve with green chutney.