Thursday, December 5, 2013

Nature's goodness from Godrej Nature's Basket + Gazpacho Recipe

The most important question first; have you checked out Foodchants' Kitchen? What? No? Do it NOW NOW NOW! http://www.foodchants.in/p/foodchants-kitchen.html

Second question; Do you know what happiness is? Happiness is to have loads of awesome ingredients in your kitchen to play with, plenty of crazy ideas and insane amount of good food at the end of the day. This Monday when I reached home from work I was jumping like a happy bunny. The reason was a hamper from Godrej Nature's Basket which had some fresh mulberries, bok choy and edible flowers from Trikaya. I had some strawberries and oranges with me and I just couldn't stop myself from taking this picture. The colours look pretty, don't they?

It has been a long time since I ate fresh mulberries. Used to eat them as a kid at my Nana-Nani's house in Uttarakhand. 




After all the jumping, clicking pictures and Instagramming I stepped in my DEN (kitchen that is) to cook up a great meal and also try a couple of recipes for Foodchants' Menu (Check it out here http://www.foodchants.in/p/foodchants-kitchen.html) There's a pretty awesome Mulberry Vinaigrette that I made and I'll very soon start taking orders for it. The sweet and sour vinaigrette went perfectly well with the mulberry+beetroot+walnut salad that I made later. 

The strawberries were used to make a sauce which'll also be on the menu soon. P.S. - It has bacon in it :D.

Oranges were turned into a Flourless Chocolate Orange Cake. By the way this was my second order of the cake jars. See details here http://www.foodchants.in/p/foodchants-kitchen.html



Next, I made this fresh chilled gazpacho topped with edible flowers. The bowl of soup looked so pretty that I almost didn't eat it but then I did kyonki paapi pet ka sawal hai bhai!

Ingredients
Red bell pepper - 1 medium roughly chopped
Tomato - 2 medium roughly chopped
Red onion - Half roughly chopped
Cucumber - 3/4th roughly chopped
Apple cider vinegar - 1 tbsp
Olive oil - 1 tsp
Crushed black pepper - 1/4th tsp
Salt to taste

For garnish
Cherry tomatoes - 6 cut in half
Red onion - Half diced
Cucumber - 1/4th diced
Edible flowers - a handful

Method
  1. Throw bell pepper, tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, apple cider vinegar, black pepper and salt in a blender together and make a fine paste.
  2. Add olive oil and blend again till the paste is smooth.
  3. Add a little water if needed but make sure that the consistency is thick.
  4. Pour the liquid in a bowl and put in freezer for about half an hour. 
  5. Take out the chilled gazpacho, garnish with cherry tomatoes, onion, cucumber and edible flowers. Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...