Salads; they are healthy, fresh and yum and I can live on them forever. This new salad that I tried was inspired from a recipe on sanjeevkapoor.com. It's a jhatpat recipe and makes for a great lunch and what's not to love about a salad which has potatoes and spinach in it? Don't believe me? Ask the minions....
Or just try this recipe...
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Potatoes - 3 medium
Spinach (blanched and chopped) - 1 cup
Macaroni (cooked al dante) - 1 cup
Red and yellow bell peppers (chopped) - 1 cup
Shallots (finely chopped) - 1 sprig
Olive oil - 2 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Yogurt - 1 cup
Garlic (chopped) - 2 cloves
Roasted cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven at 200 degree Celcius.
- Peel and cut potatoes into big cubes.
- Grease the baking dish, place the potatoes on it, drizzle 1 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper on them and let them roast for 20 minutes. Prepare rest of the stuff (blanching spinach, cooking pasta, preparing the dressing etc.) while the potatoes are cooking.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a pan and saute the shallots. Keep the aside.
- Mix all the ingredients of the dressing with the yogurt and whisk it.
- Once the potatoes are crispy and brown mix them with spinach, macaroni, bell peppers and shallots. Add the lime juice and mix in the dressing.
- A glass of white wine will go well with it.