Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Celery - 2 stalks
Garlic - 1 clove
Onion - 1 medium
Olive oil - 1 tsp
Maggi chicken cubes - 2
Water - 200 ml
Cream (optional) - 1 tsp
- Chop onion, celery and crush garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry onion, garlic and celery till they are tender.
- Add maggi cubes and water and let it boil for 10 mins.
- Let it cool for a bit, transfer it to a blender and liquidify.
- Heat it again and top with cream before serving.
Apple and Asparagus Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Asparagus - 6
Apple - 1 medium sized
Red radish - 5 (without leaves)
Pickled gherkin - 2
Iceberg lettuce - 4-5 leaves
Romaine lettuce - 4-5 leaves
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Honey - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Kalonji - 1/2 tsp
Croutons - 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
- Take asparagus in a pan and pour half olive oil over it. Leave it while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Slice apple, radish and gherkin and tear the lettuce leaves.
- Grill the asparagus in a pan till it is tender. Chop it.
- Throw in apple, asparagus, radish, gherkin and lettuce in a bowl.
- Take mustard seeds in a mortar, add salt and crush it. Add the remaining olive oil, honey and lemon juice to it. Add this dressing to the salad and mix well.
- Roast kalonji in a pan and add to the salad.
- Top it with croutons and serve immediately.
Hope you liked the recipe and will try it soon.