If you ever see me in a bad mood early in the morning make me a nice breakfast and I'll cheer up. Being a true believer of the saying 'eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper', I make it a point to have a filling first meal of the day. The meal usually includes eggs cause you can experiment with them in many ways especially while making an omelette. I usually throw in whatever vegetables are available. Today I decided to use just 3-4 ingredients with this new style of frying an omelette that I have learnt recently. Instead of mixing the vegetables in the beaten eggs I fry them separately and pour the egg over them. Also, I beat the egg whites separately and add the yolks when the whites are foamy. This technique results in a fluffy omelette.
Eggs - 3
Onion (cut into round slices) - 1
Tomato (cut into round slices) - 1
Celery (finely chopped) - 1/2 cup
Chicken sausages (cut into round slices) - 2
Salt to taste
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Separate egg whites and yolk.
- Beat the egg whites till they are foamy and stiff.
- Add the yolks and salt and mix well.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and throw in onions, tomatoes, celery, chicken sausages and fry.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the vegetables.
- Flip it over once its cooked from one side.
- Serve with buttered toasts.
You can also add cheese after flipping it over. Chicken sausages can be replaced with mushrooms.